Dynamat - was Allyns car explained

--=======56212A1=======

At 10:30 PM 2/27/02 -0500, Brian Haygood wrote:

>Home Depot has the leading alternative to Dynamat.  It comes in giagantic
>rolls for $42 and is made for use on roofs to stop ice from forming or
>something like that.  Look for it next to roofing paper, and in the same
>size roll.  It is an asphalt based sheet with adhesive on the back (IOW,
>similar to dynamat) and people who use it claim it works just as well.
>
>BH

I would be hesitant to using this stuff btw it's called Weatherwatch by GAF
and Grace's
Ice and Water Shield.  Ice and Water shield is great on your roof up here,
but when it gets
very warm it's softens up a bit(it's supposed too) so on your car with high
underhood temps
in the summer it could create a bit of a mess.  But if you are interested
in trying anyway
take one of the little business card samples stick it(self adhesive) under
your hood and keep
an eye on it for a few weeks.  If it starts using it will be a lot easier
to clean up a small patch.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.