Why won't my fan sht off?

After reading all the replies, here is what I suggest to check on your car.

1) Bentley P4-4 sub section 1, Paragraph 5 " Any time the coolan temperature
is excessive, the fan will start and continu8e until the coolant temperature
ois in the correct range. On models with air conditionning, high refrigerant
pressure can also activate the cooling fan.

you mentioned that your car was A/C based but you removed it, if you tore
out teh A/C and did not properly ground certain wires that are connected to
the cooling system then an open circuit could result in an improper reading
of a sesor that is "faking" high A/C pressure and the fan will kick in all
the time. non stop maybe you need simply to remove relay location # 17 (a/C
Thermofuse (30amps) from the car to stop this activity as well.), as well
there is a relay (#5 location) that is the A/C relay.

2) Bentley P4-10 sub section 4.4 paragraph 6," A Radiator cooling fan
after-run system is installed on some later scirocco and cabriolet models. A
Thermoswitch mounted on the cylinder head sense excessive engine compartment
temperature. High temperature closes the switch, making a ground connection
for the after-run control unit. turning on the cooling fan for up to 15
mins."

Check your thermoswitch connections, could be as simple as a loose wire or
broken wire.

that is all I have to suggest so far.
Hope that helps.

[ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]