Shift linkage questions

the only alignment tool that I know of related to the clutch is the tool
you use to center the clutch disc when you install the flywheel.
That tool will not do shit to align the linkage.
There are only two places to adjust the linkage. The easiest to get to
is the plate under the shift boot. It's supposed to be adjusted so the
alignment holes line up, but can be moved side-to-side as a fine
adjustment mainly to set up first and second gear engagement relative to
the reverse lockout.
The other adjustment is a shaft clamp at the front end of the long shift
rod under the car that connects the shift lever to the box. Loosening
this allows both longitudinal and angular adjustment. Before you mess
with this, I'd suggest you get a real good idea how the shift linkage
works (especially how the push down reverse lockout works)
All the linkage can be removed easily from underneath the car without
removing anything else.
Dan