[OT] WindersXP sucks, then crashes.....please help if you can.....

Hey everybody......sorry for the OT post, but this is the second time this
shit's happened and it's getting old quick. Unfortunately I have to run some
form of Winders at work or you can bet I'd be using LINUX.....hell, a
commadore 64 would probably be more stable than this shit....

I was wondering if by any chance anyone else might be getting the same
aggrevating shit from Winders XP.

I shut down last night, everything's fine....I bring it up this
morning.....nothing. Gets to the black screen with the bar at the bottom and
freezes at the end. So I try safe mode. Safe mode crashed and had to shut
down in 60 seconds. (RVCHOST had prematurly stopped). Then, when I try to go
back in, I get the same fucking error I got a month
ago.....Winders/System/Configuration.sys is corrupted or
missing......So.....I try the install cd so I can 'repair' it and I always
get a blue mem dump screen.

This is really pissing me off. Is this some kind of covert anti-piracy shit?
Has it happened to you (yet)?
Any ideas? I'd like to repair rather than format/reinstall as I JUST got all
my programs installed and configured AGAIN. Luckily, I didn't loose any
important info because I've got it all on physically seperate HDs.

Any help appreciated.