Mk 1 windshield needed

Ok, update:

Safelite called Monday, said they had to order a seal.
Fine.

Tuesday they call back saying that they'll now have to
order a windshield because they don't have on in stock.
The price will be significantly higher and oh by the way,
they can't get a seal.

I heard back from them again saying that they *can* get a
windshield for $359.

I've checked with one other company so far, they can't get
one at all.

So - anyone know where I can find a windshield AND a seal
and not have to pay $400 for it all?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace