Of Motor Mounts and Oil Pumps...

OK, my '87 16v still isn't running yet.  I ended up taking the crank
from the old motor and sticking it in the "new" motor.  (major keyway
damage on the "new" crank) As I'm putting the oil pump back in, I'm
thinking maybe it should be primed.  Checked with Bob (bentley) but
didn't see any mention of priming the pump.  Any info on this?  As it
is, I'm not connecting the ignition until the motor is turned over with
the starter for a while to make sure everything is lubed...

I'm replacing the right side motor mount by the timing belt cover.
(This is how one gets nickel and dimed doing this kind of thing!)  Any
tips on getting the old one out/new one in without too much problem?

TIA
Erik L