What to use for Mk 1 rain gutter trim?

Daun Yeagley wrote:

> As the subject says, I'm looking for a suitable replacement
> for the trim that goes on the rain gutters.  Mine was about
> half missing before I had the car painted and it's of
> course all gone now.  Ideas anyone?
> __________

I have some spray cans of Plasticoat handle dip type stuff, stuff you
would use to coat screw driver handles and such with. I used it to
recover some funky gold rims that were flaking when I got them. It
settles to s flat black color w/ a slightly wavy pebble finish and is
kind of firm but squishy to the touch.

I'd think it'll sand well if you want to finish it real flat and/or
paint over it.

On the other hand you can find those black plastic edge 'pieces' in
really long runs, look in a hardware/ home improvement store.

hth,
TBerk