86 16v on EBAY in Phily $405

A salvage title could mean a number of things.  It could have been in an
accident, totalled by the insurance company, bought back and 'rebuilt'
or it simply may have been stolen and recovered.  It also means that you
pay a lot less for it.  :-)  The 87 Scirocco 16V I had for a while last
year had a salvage title and it was a great car.  It had left/front
damage and was put back together after totalled by the insurance
company.  It doesn't take much for an insurance company to consider a
Scirocco 'totalled', so the damage might not have been all that bad.  My
point - salvage title isn't always as bad as it sounds, but buyer
beware!

Mike