Why is my tranny popping out of 5th gear?

--- Mardak <maardak@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On a recent long drive, my tranny kept popping out of 5th
> gear after an
> hour of driving...  It hasn't happened since, but I'd
> like to make sure
> that it won't happen again.  I did a quick check of the
> linkages, and
> nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but it was cold, and
> I was cranky,
> so I wasn't exactly thorough...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark.

Check your transmission fluid level NOW.  Hopefully you've
not done damage.  The usual cause of this is low fluid
level.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace