[non-roc] Nissan 4x4 parts question

Well.. this is sort of Scirocco related:  If i can't drive my truck then i have to drive the rocco on the salty roads!  I know most the guys on this list are well versed in general automotive stuff, so I need some advice.

The strut rod a.k.a. compression rod busted in two on my 88 nissan 4x4.  I can't find one at the local junkyard, we don't have a nissan dealership, and none of the parts stores know what it is.  I guess this is a common part to go, so they must be available some place!  If anyone has a good source for this part, please let my know!

Also.. I'll toss this in.  I have an running 84 i need to get rid of soon.  It has good glass, seats, and was a daily when i retired her.  Some parts have since been taken. Engine/trans/CVs good. It is drivable (not leagal). $100

Thanks
Ben
86 8v
84 8v