Oil Temp

I have to chip in to this oil temp stuff.

I used to run 10W30 generic oil, and my oil temp was
always running high (3/4 of the gauge) whenever I
drove like a madman. Since then, I am running 5W50
Castrol syntec, and the oil temp stays 1/2 of the
gauge. I do not remember the degrees Celsius - the car
is in storage. I guess that the 5W50 is more slippery,
hence less friction, so less heat. Nothing else was
changed or replaced. Nothing scientific here, just my
experience.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

 --- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> a écrit : > I get
about 105C on mine, with stock thermostat.