exhaust question

Hello,
This is for my GTi that I got recently. I got an older exhaust manifold And stock downpipe off eBay from a fellow vortexer. I was wondering if I should bother getting a TT dual downpipe to replace the stock one? Will the gains be significant? This one is in good shape but does look more restrictive than the TT Peter put on my rocco, but how much of a diff will the TT pipe make? How much are those puppies too please?

And also please:

Will a clutch cable for a 87 rocco 8v also fit an 84 Gti?

Will a starter motor for a 87 rocco 8v also fit an 84 Gti?
(both r 5 spds)

Thanks,
Marko

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com