Mk1 Windshields, no longer avail.?

--- Ken Bates <indiana_red@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Windshield came in today and I picked it up allready.  #
> FW 331
> Safelite found one in their "El Paso" warehouse.  He
> thinks it's the last
> one as tat part no. is now "Obsolete"
> $138 plus $50 freight.
> I will have them install it when Im ready.  $40
> Anyway I feel lucky to have found one.
> note: I noticed that the NAGS List price was about $335
> on that.

I just got off the phone with Safelite, they're supposed to
come Monday and install a new windshield in my '80.  They
didn't indicate them being obsolete or out of stock, but I
won't breath easy 'til the windshield is in the car.  $192
installed is the price they quoted me btw.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace