Mk1 owners, HEADS UP!!!

This morning I was just about to get on the interstate to head for work
and I saw my hood was popped and flapping a bit, so I pulled over to
close it.  Pushed down a couple times, and it popped right back up, so I
opened it to check things out, and I saw that all 4 of the rivits that
held my hood latch mechanism were busted, and my latch was hanging out
on its cable attached to nothing!!  There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING holding
my hood down!!! I drove home carefully, busted out the drill and my
rivit gun and made short work of repairing it, but I can only imagine
what would happen if my hood flew up at 75mph!!

So, Mk1 owners, check your rivits!!

Nate
'81
'84