Accelerator Cable

So I had my local VW dealer order a new cable.  The only info exchanged was
that is was for a 86 Scirocco 16v.  When it came in, it was the kind that
the throttle end snaps down on to a little ball.  Lke how my 79 did.  It is
suppoes to have a little rectangular clip that attaches to the end of the
cable keeping it from pulling off the throttle.  2 different attachment
methods.  They had to order it for me and I had to pay up front.  I'm
dreading the conversation when I go back there.  I should have brought in
the old one, but then again it could have been human error on thier part.
Just hope i donr have to convince them of that.....
Ken