Mk1 Passenger side mirror?

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> Whist perusing Bentley a while back, I saw that a
> passenger side mirror
> was an dealer option, you make measurements in the door,
> drill holes,
> find the pre-installed threaded inserts, and install the
> mirror.  Anyone
> out there ever do this?  Or have a pass. side mirror on
> thier Mk1?
>
> Curious, bored.

I've never installed one, but did understand it was an
option.  It was standard on the S I believe.

Ever see an Mk 2 without a passenger side mirror?  If
memory serves, (since my brochures have been in Rochester
for two years <G>) the '82 brochure shows the car without
that mirror.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace