[tech] CIS to Carbs?

I have done this to a 84 GTI.  But the setup that you see on Ebay, isn't the
Mac daddy.  Dual sidedrafts or a Weber progressive will deliver great
throttle response.  Drivability will be in the toilet.  I don't recommend
this.  Just rip out the CIS fuel distributor, leave the injectors in (new o
rings) and replace the CIS fuel pump with a cheap electric pump for an old
beetle dune buggy.(cheap)

This operation really destroys the drivability of the car, but the
acceleration curve is much different and quite fun.

Steve Szuba
 <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/calawaymk2/myhomepage/auto.html";>Callaway
Turbo Scirocco #10</A>