getting replacement keys?

Wing Gee wrote:

> Anybody know how to get replacement keys?
> I lost my keys for my scirocco and gti.. damn it..
>
> Thanks
>
> Wing Gee

I'm in the same boat- I was out on the side of the house today looking
at why the Roc had made those nasty noises the last time I cranked it
over and I find out of all my VW keys I don't seem to have the most
desirable ones.

>From what I understand you may well have a hard time finding original
stock rubber headed VW keys, and if you do you will need to fight to get
the hard metal that are made from cut by the corner locksmith.

If you (since you are local) find some, let me know. In fact, pick up a
couple and I'll reimburse you. And vice a versa..

Now, all this was pertaining to non 16v keys. If you want some of Those,
I think our 'Joy-men' friends can hook you up.

TBerk