Cheapass faster steering ratio idea?? (important info)

    Umm, changing the attachment point itself will not reduce lock to lock. The steering wheel still
turns x # times before hitting its end of travel (lock). This was not altered. Now it will be less #
times as for hitting the same steering angle as the lock was at before, but you wont be at the lock
yet, the wheels can still steer further.
    Whats dangerous about this is that if you should let go of the wheel in a drift and it flies
over to the lock, your wheels may be at such a drastic angle that they cut a nice new hole for you
to access your engine bay via the wheel well.
    ** More importantly, max steering angle in the stock setup takes the outer cv joint pretty close
to its max working angle. Reduce that pivot arm, go to lock once under power and bam, cv joint guts
all over the place.

    As for the whole 'use the other tie rod' idea, as long as its the same length between the 2
attachment points, it could look like a crazy straw and you'll still have the same steering rate.

Just tryin to save the cv joints from explosions/owners from headaches
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)