[tuning kit vs a 2l]

--=======5E7626FF=======

At 05:56 PM 2/15/02 -0500, the hitman wrote:

>if i keep the 1.8l head and change the motor, how much work is involved?
>i.e.- wiring changes or other mods to maake it fit.

If you just swap in the 2.0 shortblock nothing needs to be changed.  You
need to transfer over some stuff from
the old one, but that's easy.  the only thing I had to do on mine was
remove one alignment dowel on the block
because there spacing is different on the 2.0.  Theoretically you could get
by with a new headgasket, valve cover
gasket, and timing belt, but there are a lot of other things that really
should be changed while the motor is out.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.