trade an mkI for a WHAT?

You have a Spyder, not a Monza and certainly not a 900.  The 900 was the
bottom of the line.  The Monza was next up and the most common (110
hp).  Next was the Corsa with 140 hp.  Then came the Spyder.  Most of the
designations really didn't materialize until the design change, but the '63
Spyder is the only early Corvair to own.  The car will do 135 mph, but you
need to remember that there is no weight in the front end and, at that
speed, the front wheels behave more like rudders (they may not be on the
ground).  Unfortunately, there is little between you and the front end if
you ever get in an accident (well, the gas tank).  I've had two early
Corvairs.  They're easy to work on and can be a lot of fun.  Nader be damned.

John