interesting problems found...

while doing a swap sesin between my friend's 87 16v and mine (88), discovered that when the plug wires were not pushed all the way onto the plugs (hotter spark) the car ran perfectly, but when on all teh way it loads up the plugs and runs really rough.  Bad O2 sensor maybe?  it has already been replaced with a good used one, but maybe the used one wasnt good.  How bad of a problem could a faulty OXS cause?  Is there any way to test the OXS?  Anyone have a spare NEW OXS lying around?  SO clsoe to getting my car back on the road i can taste it!

Dan Miller
1988 16v
  0  MTRNOKT  0

Mitternacht--German: midnight