My speeding ticket (long)

So, did you ask to see the radar readout???
Back in '78 I used to drive out to my favorite road (Wild Horse Creek
Road in St. Louis suburbs) late at night. On the way out I was taking
the curvy road route at relatively high speed. I'm pretty sure a cop
noticed me (lime green '76 Roc stands out like a sore thumb!), but he
didn't catch me cause evertime I was out of sight I'd really nail it. On
the way back in I came back on the main drag and since it always had
cops I was sure to go exactly the speed limit. Cop pulls me over anyway
and accuses me of something like 50 in a 40. The conversation was like
this.
You were doing 50 MPH.
No, I was going 40.
I've got you on radar at 50.
No, you don't. I was going 40.
Well, the radar says 50.
Let me see your radar readout.
The radar says 50.
Let me see it.
Your speedometer must be off, you better get it checked.

I think it was the only time I ever got pulled over when I wasn't guilty
and I'd been pulled over way too many times when I was. I just wasn't
going to get a ticket cause he couldn't catch me earlier.
Dan