DOH! speeding ticket, question about radar detection

--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <pbureau@attbi.com> wrote:

> DOH! enjoying a newly layed out stretchs of asphalt
> on a back road of
> suunnyvale, and cruising at 50 (zoned at 35) I turn
> the last curve
> and cross path with a sheriff driving opposite
> direction... he lights up and
> pulls me over... ticket issued for 50mph in a 35
> zone.
> I deserve it but I have a technical question.
>
> since when a moving vehicule mounted with a radar
> detector system can clock
> an incoming car on the road? I was under the
> impression they had to be
> immobile to ensure that the reading is correctly
> read on a speeding
> vehicule.
>
> damn now I will have to take defensive driving
> course to get out of this
> one.. hhehehehe
>
> [-------------------------------------]
> [ A Texan's Scirocco - Patrick Bureau ]
> [ 1985 8v Prowler Orange Kamei X1     ]
> [-------------------------------------]
> [ http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco   ]
> [-------------------------------------]

As you may know by now, if you read one of my posts
today, I'm in roughly the same boat with a speeding
ticket. So I have been researching this. A huge
majority (somthing like 90% plus) of people cited with
traffic violations pay the fine and don't bother with
court. Of those who go to court, 65% emerge with no
ticket or a reduced fine and points on their driving
record. I found an interesting web site about all this
at:

http://www.norman-law.com/page18.html

Even if you don't have a ticket to deal with, I think
this stuff is important to know...because they are out
there waiting for you with those ray guns ready to shoot.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos