Dealer's Silver Paint Code List. Was Re: MK2 Silver colors, how many where there?

--- Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Jeffrey
> > silver
> > only.

Ok, according to my list of paint codes for VWs in the U.S.
that I photocopied from the dealer a few years ago, the Mk
2s came in:

1982:
-Cirrus Grey Metallic (LK5V) (greenish-grey)
-Cosmos Silver Metallic (LK5Y)
-Diamond Silver Metallic (L97A)

1983:
-Champagne Taupe Metallic (LK3V) (was this a silver /
grey?)
-Cirrus Grey Metallic
-Cosmos Metallic
-Diamond Silver Metallic

1984:
-Pewter Grey Metallic (LA7Y)
-Bronze Grey Metallic (LA8Y) (I think this mighta been a
very brown color though)
-Diamond Silver Metallic

1985:
-Bronze Grey Metallic
-Rock Grey Metallic (LK7V)
-Flash Silver Metallic

1986:
-Pewter Grey Metallic
-Bronze Grey Metallic
-Flash Silver Metallic (LP7Y)

1987:
-Pewter Grey Metallic
-Bronze Grey Metallic
-Flash Silver Metallic

1988:
-Flash Silver Metallic

HTH!

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace