dyno chart: stock airbox versus swiss cheesed, etc...

Brad Sayer wrote:

> When setting up a true "ram air" setup, wouldn't ramming the air into the
> box cause the plate to rise up and down unexpectedly, screwing with your
> mixture, etc.?
>
> Fresh air is one thing, but ramming air I would think would makes things
> screwy.  But, then, what do I know...
>
> Brad
>
> 87 16V

It cant go up and down that much, that fast, the air flow around it is a
pretty powerful thing. This along w/ the length of the tube and the air
mass in it should level out any turbulence.

I don't see bumpy air getting in, but where the intake is makes the
difference.

For my purposes I would like to overcome the parasitic loss from the
intake manifold, etc.

Nice cool air. Ahhh.

TBerk