a little rest does the clutch good?!

  towards the end of november my clutch pedal started feeling soft, and on
occassion my clutch would slip in first gear. knowing the clutch has about
180,000 miles on it, i parked the car with plans to replace the clutch.
today i drove the car just to keep it running and in decent health. when i
got her started the clutch pedal felt great. as i drove her around the
clutch grabs, even under hard acceleration. should i still replace the
clutch, or did i get a visit from the clutch fairy?