Using TWO seals to fix leaky 16v distributor ?

Doug-
  The easiest fix is a new distributor.  The cheapest fix is a new
distributor shaft seal.  This seal lives under the rotor, beneath a
nice,
shiny steel washer that is staked into the dist body.  Potterman has
'em,
cheap.  It's not that hard to replace the little bugger,  just take your
time.  (If I can do it, you can do it....)

Larry  sandiego16V
ok so my distributor on my 88 16v was leaking oil and im  going to
replace
it...
Doug C.

I have read on the water-cooled newsgroup that one fix is to double up
the new gasket with another.

Any thoughts?

TBerk