front sway bar re-re-revisited

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:52:44 -0500 "Josh Able" <mkii@nycap.rr.com>
writes:
>Ok....
>1- does a big front sway bar aid/hamper handling?
>2- does/does not strengthen chassis?
>3- is a good/bad idea

These have all been answered already so ill just move on./..

>I was just talking to Dick Shine and he says that.....-SNIP-!

Keep in mind that DICK's mind is solely in racing. Were talking stripped
out, welded in roll cage, no ups no extra's in the car flat out RACE ONLY
applications. This is his flaw. He will argue that his way is the only
way til he dies. That's fine with me.

Jonas laid it out spot on for you. Shine uses NO front swaybar because
they use extremely high spring rates on their cars. So high that it would
be unbearable on the street. So, depending on what you want out of the
car, you will have to decide what the give/take ratio is.

Ill also note that the top FSP VW's at nationals for the last couple
years all had a front swaybar. Its a long time debated topic.

This also can be looked up in the archives. I know ive talked about it a
few times. I should get all my old archived messages and put them in a
damn book. Its quality shit man.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V     84' Scirocco 8V    88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR
Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.