front swway bar re-re-revisited

Josh Able wrote:

> Ok....
>
> 1- does a big front sway bar aid/hamper handling?
>
> 2- does/does not strengthen chassis?

Shine? Who's that?  ;])

Well anyway- My answer to #2 is a big qualified MAYBE.

Under my Mk1 I have the old school bar goes around the front via
additional (heavy) bracket. As it ties in to the front motor mount and
front bumper brackets it provides _some_ additional strengthening. In my
case.

So I said maybe, but in the conventional situation I'd say NO, there is
a slight firming going on but I really see it as the sway bar
transmitting chassis flex via leverage.

TBerk