sad news - importing Sciroccos

--=======B205E5=======

At 04:03 PM 2/12/02 -0500, Bill Collins wrote:

>Subject: Re: sad news - importing Sciroccos
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:15:23 -0500
>
> >Better yet, what is the law about importing uni-bodies.  For example,
> >if I imported a non-running straight body ...
>
>I have heard that all you have to do is remove the engine and ship it
>seperately (maybe even in the trunk!).  Of course, you still have to
>register it, which will be difficult without vin swapping or something.
>
>Bill

Depends, on where you live.  Those of us who live in little backwoods towns
can get away with a lot because we register our cars with our town office.  :)

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.