coilovers?

--- WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a set of ground control/eibach coilovers
> for my
> 84 rabbit. I have a few questions.

I just did this w/ GC's and Bilsteins...

>is this kit, or any coilover kit
> for that
> matter, compatable with your stock suspension, i.e. struts/shocks and
> upper
> strut mounts?

Yes, in fact you use your stock front strut housings (with the perch
removed, optional).  Stock strut bearings work fine...get the good Febi
ones (available from Potterman).

>how do the coilover sleeves attatch to the shock/strut
> body?

Front: Assuming you remove the perch (hacksaw and grind), GC provides a
plate which you weld onto the strut body.  The threaded sleeve sits on
this plate.  Photos soon if Ben gets his film developed.
Rear: The sleeve sits on the same ring that the stock perch sits on.
No welding.

> I am having some issues with rubbing even after I installed new lower
> control
> arms with bushings and ball joints and dont really know what else to
> do. if
> it helps, I have neuspeed sport springs and bilstein sports. thanks

Where's the rubbing?

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.