emissions testing

Interesting,
Yes I was aware of the "non-cat '79" Thats what year mine is.  It was fun
using "Regular" gas when I first got it abut 10 years ago.
So would you say that your car passes easily due at least in part to the
less stringent requirements of a pre-cat year(car)?  Where I live
independant testors may or maynot know what is "stock" under my hood.
Around here testing "stations" are roughly the equivilent of a mall kyosk.
An old chevy van with live telemetry to the state.  I don't think "Jeb"
would recognize a motor 7 years newer than what belongs in there.  Prob;em
is, if he did, I dont know what the "rule" would be. Now is it considered an
'86? and tested with stiffer cat laws?
Guess I could ask some "hypothetical" questions a the DOT.
"...uh, I have this friend......"
Ken