f&*kin VW seats! (But finally success) - rant

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Finally got my alarm, deck, amp, fuba installed at
> 11:30 pm last night after 22 hours split over 4 days
> of squatting, contorting, hand-scraping,
> back-wrenching hell. Guess who's the idiot who's out
> in his driveway at 11:30 trying re-install these
> seats with
> red-headed-step-child-of-German-engineering adjuster
> brackets! I was ready to put my fist through the
> window, but I was so spent all I could muster was a
> feeble laugh of defeat. THEN - I realized the
> plastic plug on the adjuster bracket was
> backwards... duh...Guess it was a good thing I
> wasn't operating any heavy equipment at that
> point....
>
> Pisses me off - in my BMW, all it took was four 15mm
> nuts - has to be one of things I fear most about
> working on VWs...

huh?

I can swap the front seats out & back in less than ten
minutes.

Granted, I removed those black plastic thingies on the
inner rails and the plastic stop.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)