coil overs on eBay

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Sciroccin wrote:

> How is it possible for these coli overs to fit the Scirocco:
>
> weapon R coilovers for 86-98 golf jetta and scirocco 86-90 16v 0-4 inch drop greatly increaces handling and reduces body roll brand new in box comes with all parts and intructions. buyer pays shipping

Zen Answer: (or is it a question)

before father and mother what were you?

logical answer:

define "fit" you can use mk1, mk2 and mk3 springs interchangeably, will
they "fit" sure, will they work any better than what you had? not bloody
likely.

The cheap coilover makers tend to spec the spring rates universally way
stiff, so that way you can sell them to anybody and they'll never be too
soft. Also, the coilover sleeves may be bigger than needed, so as to make
sure to fit over all possible shock sizes, they make em big, & if they are
bigger than what your car needs, they "fit."

I got a set of similar coilovers really inexpensively from a fellow
scirocco enthusiast, they are worth what i paid, but not much more... as i
am going to buy some proper rated springs & hopefully will handle well. As
far as the one size fits all rear coilover sleeves, i think i can work
that out. BTW, he said when he tried to use them with the springs
supplied, his car was higher as the rate and length "fit" but actually
raised his car on the lowest setting.

Really, when all is said and done, i will have saved a bit over just
buying some ground controls, but not a whole lot. i'd save your pennies &
get the right thing from the get-go. (unless you are like me & cant pass
up a deal, heh.)

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org