Is rad w/ bottle better than one w/ a cap (there's text in this one!)

Sorry about that last post, I hit ENTER in the subject line and it sent
it (damn Yahoo mail)...

Anyways, I've already swapped over an overflow bottle type radiator in
my 81, but it just crapped out on me...  My question is:  is there any
differences in performance or efficiency between the two types?  Other
than the visual indication of coolant level, I can't see any other
positives...  Plus, there's less hoses and connections with the older
style - less to go wrong, right?  I think I might pay more for the
older style rad, and remove all the overflow crap  -  unless someone
wise tells me it's a bad idea :)

Thanks,

Mark.

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca