sad news

--- MrAudi <mraudi25@epix.net> wrote:
> maybe what we need to do is find out what it would
> cost to import a few of
> them here,as one big shipment. i would love to have
> a rust free mk1 in my
> garage. anyone have any idea what it would cost????
>
> Jason Neubold
> 85 Maroon 8v
> 86 Tornado Red 16v
> 85 Tornado Red Audi Coupe GT

Depends . . . what do you plan to do with it?

If you intend to drive it, you could be talking big
bucks for EPA and DOT regs compliance (search the list
archives for importing foreign cars). If your vehicle
is not brought into compliance customs may impound and
or destroy the vehicle.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)