leaky vs. non-leaky oil caps - info needed (was: Re: Changing Symptoms)

In a message dated 2/8/02 7:56:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, tiAn@usiw.net
writes:

<< I went in to buy a new rubber washer to seal mine up. They had the whole
cap
 in stock, with washer, for $3.75, or I could order the washer, wait a week
 and pay $3.50. I just bought the cap... >>

Halsey Import Auto in Portland Oregon ( 1-800-792-0081) has the newer style
cap for $1.63. The part number they list is VWA 049103485A

Not trying to spam the group, but it would be interesting to see what other
people are paying for this part. I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, so I'm
pretty sure this is a current price...

Danny