brake lines wanted

> >From: "the hitman" <vwscir87@hotmail.com>
> >To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> >Subject: brake lines wanted
> >Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:11:02 -0500
> >
> >a friend of mine has an '88 rocco that he is
> redoing. he noticed the hard
> >metal brake lines that run from front to back were
> rusted and leaking, so
> >he
> >removed them and threw them out. now he can't find
> replacements anywhere. i
> >guess volkswagon no longer makes them, and without
> his old one to copy the
> >bends hi is SOL. does anyone know where to get
> replacements?

VW sells replacement brake line in coils - you have to
bend to fit. Most good parts stores will also sell
straight metric brake line which also must be bent.

You can also do what I did and go to a junkyard and
pull good lines off of a similar VW.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)