From: Brian Haygood [mailto:scirious@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 2:50 PM
To: Josh Hignight; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: VR6 - was this might be the last straw

The original plan was to make the VR6 a non-interference head, but they
actually are interference heads, so bad timing = toasted head.  However, as
Marc said, it's a chain on the driver's side of the engine, not a belt on
the passenger side.  If you lost that belt, your engine should be fine, as
it only powers accessories.

The second chain is not really extra protection, but the two chains are used
in series.  I'm not sure if that's what Josh meant when he said extra chain
protection, but that's how it struck me.  They apparently used two chains to
save space somehow, but I forget the whole story.

Brian