From: Matt Coates [mailto:bencoates@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 11:50 AM
To: Josh Hignight; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Sub-$150 stereo recommendations?

I went to the junkyard and found an almost new panasonic tape deck for $10.
It
will get me by while I gather the killer stuff.

If you want a CD player, any lower end kenwood, alpine, jvc will do...  run
google search for "discount car audio" and a ton of sites will come up.
Decks
that retail for 250-300 can be found for under 150 from these almost
wholesale
sites.

Ebay is always worth a look, there are many brand new leftovers available
for
short dough.  As usual with Ebay the trick is knowing what's cheap and
what's
overpriced...

Or a CD boombox with a 12v adapter...

HTH,