turbo kit for 8v

Spend the $30 or whatever for a book called Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.
It's by Robert Bentley Publishers (yes, the same Bentley!). Good book.

You should be able to build a working turbo system for under $1000. It won't
be 300hp, certainly, but it should give you a nice "boost" in power. eBay
can also be lots of help. Before I started my '77 project, I was researching
a lot on a budget turbo system. I had most of the specs worked out.
According to my calculations, my 16v should have been capable of about
6-7psi with a small intercooler and stock compression and bottom end,
bumping power from 125hp up to a respectable 180hp or so. The only risky
part is the fuel, 'cause if you get it wrong, you've just blown your whole
setup. There are people running turbo CIS setups though, so it *can* work...

Neal