Samco coolant hoses...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Josh Hignight wrote:

> Anyone know if Samco makes coolant hoses for the 16v scirocco? I know they
> make them for newer VW's. I need to replace some of mine this summer and
> would like to never have to replace them again...
Well,

They have the MK1 covered pretty completely, in 8v form.  If you have no
ac on your car, this kit might be adaptable? i'd bet that all hoses are
the same except for the top hose from head to radiator, but the 8v hose is
probably longer & could be cut?

Otherwise they have mk2 16v kits, maybe they will let you piece together a
kit out of some parts from one kit and others from another, all you have
to do is figure out what hoses you need from a mk1 GTI and a mk2 16v to
hose up your engine compartment... But i doubt if you have the oddball
upper AC hose they can help much... i'm sure they will work with you to
make up a kit out of their current lineup, then they can list it & sell
more to other rocco 16v owners (unless they are dumb & dont want more
sales, heh)

Here is a list from their site.

Code Model Type
TCS35/C Golf GTi Mk1 1600 (5)  Coolant
TCS36/C Golf GTi Mk1 1800 (5)  Coolant
TCS35/C-A Golf GTi Mk1 1600/1800 (5)  Ancillary
TCS51/8V/C Golf GTi Mk2 1800 8V (6)  Coolant
TCS141/C Golf GTi Mk2 1800 8V LHD US Spec (6)  Coolant
TCS51/16V/C Golf GTi Mk2 1800 16V (7)  Coolant
T.B.A. Golf GTi Mk3 8V  Coolant
T.B.A. Golf GTi Mk3 16V  Coolant
TCS109/C Golf Mk3 VR6 2.8 Manual (10) pic  Coolant
TCS114/C Golf Mk3 VR6 2.8 Manual LHD US Spec (8)  Coolant
TCS153/C Corrado VR6 UK RHD (10)  Coolant
TCS142/C Corrado VR6 US Spec LHD (9)  Coolant
TCS121 G60 Mk3 Golf/Corrado LHD/RHD 09/90~ (4)  S'charger
TCS121/C G60 Mk3 Golf/Corrado LHD only 09/90~ (7)  Coolant
TCS136 Golf Mk2 G60 Rallye LHD (3) pic  S'charger
NOTE: The number in brackets is the quanity of hoses supplied

peas,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org