Anyone do a .80 5th gear in a 4k tranny?

--- josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm having the bolt kit installed in my 4k tranny and
> am contemplating doing the .80 5th gear as well.
>
> How much of a difference does it make on the freeway?
> What will the rpms be at 80 vs the stock gearing?
>
> Worth it?

YES!  It is worth it...

For comparison sakes, I basically have a 4k in my mk2 16v
with the 0.75 5th.  This is a great overdrive gear, however,
it is a noticeable drop...noticeable enough that you know
it's no where close to stock.
For my mk1 I am building a 4k with the 0.80 5th... this is
what Daun has in his 16v mk2... very very nice!
A good drop in rpm's going into 5th, but still a relatively
stock feel.  Plus, by keeping the rpm's up a little you
will still have plenty of pulling power.

So, my suggestion is to determine what you want from your
rocco...if you want a more tame cruise on the highway, then
go for the 0.75, if not then the 0.80 is nice.

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco