[brakes] rotor spots

Dan-
  the spots shouldn't worry you as much as the scoring.  Are you running
metalic pads?
 If the rotor thickness is still okay, just have them turned. The only thing
that can go "bad" on a rotor is the surface (unless they actually crack,
that is)
Drilled or slotted rotors have little or no benefit on the street.  In fact,
they can hurt performance by reducing swept area.  Unless you want the
'look', save your money.
SS lines will improve "feel", without actually increasing braking power.

Larry   sandiego16V

> My rotor has spots. It didn't before yesterday. I noticed some fairly bad
vibrating on a 95~25mph
> slow down into a 90deg left turn. Plus, a few times lately I've been
smelling brakes. Bad once on
> that trip, but also a few days ago when driving under normal city
conditions. I think it's shot.
> Should I get drilled or slotted rotors? Do I need them?/Will they provide
me any added benefit? Is
> there any mod I can do to improve them?

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!