5spd tranny geared wierd ('84 )

Curtis,
Depends on where you find one. (16V is AGB I believe)
Wrecking yard (pick your part type) should be ~$150
 From a friend $100-300, depending on how good of a friend they are :^D
Rebuilt.....~$700+?
Dont forget that you will have to either change over to larger axles and
possibly 16V hubs or change drive flanges if you want to run the AGB.

If you do a lot of freeway driving you may find the shorter ratios a
little...ummmm....buzzy. (70mph @ ~3400rpms)
With the HP and Torque combo that my tt1847cc 8V puts out, I actually like
my FF trans (same as your FN).
I can accelerate quickly (maybe not as good as an AGB) and 70mph is only
3K, and I can cruise all day at 85mph @ ~3400rpms.

If you want all out acceleration, go with the AGB but if you want a freeway
cruiser with a slightly modded 8V (torque) than keep the FN.

HTH

Randy