semi OT: garage floor sealing

My dad will soon be sealing the floor in his new garage (good news for
me, 'cause now I can do car work again!) and was originally planning on
just painting it.  I had asked if he looked into using that epoxy sealer
stuff, and he hadn't heard anything about it.  I know it's superior to
just painting it, but I was wondering if anyone here can give me some
general info about it?  How easy is it to apply?  Does it work that much
better? Stuff like that.

Thanks,
B.

'82 Scirocco <-- sold  :-(