C & D (one reason for 50 mm intake)

Well, boys and girls, one of the reasons it might have had a 50 mm intake was
something i learned at a show in Michigan at the VW headquarters.  That might
have been a euro spec car with US bumpers or something like that.  3 years
ago we just "happened" to get into the back lot at headquarters and saw a few
euro spec Audis, including a car that I'd never seen before, at the time.  An
S6, and all of these cars were parked in a row, with GERMAN PLATES on and all
E-code lighting and WAY closer to the body bumpers (at least on the A6 in the
rear)  Plus at the show there was a guy who was A VWoA engineer with a
FACTORY RABBIT 16v.  It was done as an experiment to the driveability of the
motor, and he told us that our smaller intakes were a truly a last minute
decision, due to the torque factor( or lack thereof) for daily traffic work.
So, a couple of pre production roccos might have snuck in with 50 mm intakes
as well.

Patrick Boyle