car audio amplifier <kinda scirocco oriented>

At 2:04 PM -0500 2/1/02, NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:
>the remote wire on my reciever unit isnt working so i need to get
>the 12v from somewhere else. I had the remote wire going into a
>vacant spot on the fuses and that worked for a little while but not
>no more....anybody got any idea where i can connect it to...how is
>your scirocco set up? thanks
>jose

Is this switched +12v or constant +12v?

For switched, I took the cover off the steering column, and the
connector off the windshield wipers, and with the aid of my trusty
Bentley, a soldering iron, and a multimeter, found the wire that
provided +12v when the ignition was on.

 From the Bentley right now, I am leaning towards it being a green and
black striped wire.  I tapped it, soldered in a new piece of wire,
used heat shrink to ensure a good cover, and fed the wire under the
hush panel into the space where the stereo goes.  (ok, overkill, but
you must remember from whom I learned my A1 skills......whose mantra
is, "Do you want to be here again?")

Jose, I believe you said you have an '85, and the wire appears to be
the same on that Bentley (yea, I got 'em both...hehe)

GL!

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |