(no subject)

I have 10mm (or was it 8mm?) rear spacers on my 16v.
Make sure they're hub-centric (I have H&R) and
consider longer lug bolts. I needed them to get my
OZ's to clear the spring, but IMHO they also make the
car look better by bringing the tires closer to the
arch, which just about matches the normal location of
the front tire in it's arch...

Neal

Mardak
> Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 7:58 PM
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Wheel spacer Q
>

> Anyone have any opinions on whether or not adding
spacers to bring out
> the rear wheel a bit (10mm) is a good idea? (on a
MK2)  Besides
> possibly stressing the wheel bearings more (?), will
changing the rear
> track negatively affect handling?  My guess is that
it would
> contribute
> to a bit more understeer, but I'm no rocket
scientist!

> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

=====